Fractional CMO Services
&Marketing’s Team of Fractional CMOs (fCMOs) empowers you with a deeper understanding of:
- Market dynamics
- Key segments
- Primary and secondary competition
- Current and potential customers
And, most importantly, they take responsibility for the growth trajectory of your business.
A Fractional CMO Offers The Complete Package From Strategy to Execution
With the &Marketing+ Fractional CMO approach, you can tap into the services of subject matter experts and digital marketing teams who bring unique and diverse strategies to the table. These experts have a proven track record of success, with experience leading several marketing teams to drive the results your company needs, plus a digital-first perspective given today’s fast moving marketplace.
Digital marketing is one of the most effective ways any organization has to build awareness and drive growth. In fact, digital marketing spend now makes up 58% of a company’s marketing budget and is climbing, according to a recent study by the American Marketing Association (AMA).
&Marketing is a leader in digital marketing, providing a wide variety of clients a mix of strategy and digital execution services since 2017. Our approach ensures your brand will grow its share of the market and achieve your business goals.
Is A Fractional CMO Right For You?
You will benefit from a Fractional CMO if:
- You want to accelerate your growth to get to the next level, but you need executive-level guidance and leadership with solid execution capabilities.
- You want an independent, outside perspective on your business, marketing strategy, and commercial tactics.
- Your growth has stagnated and you’ve never invested in marketing (and don’t know where to start).
- You need to hit the ground running, but do not have the time or budget to hire a full in-house team.
- You are spending time on marketing that is not cohesive or effective.
- You are planning to launch more products and services, or grow with new types of customers.
This is ideal for funded start-ups, SMBs, and middle market companies that need support with scaling up. It’s also ideal for those who are ready for a Fractional CMO with a team that can execute. Some start-ups bring in an fCMO earlier to provide a customer perspective in the development stage. Larger companies bring in a Fractional CMO to provide outside guidance, work on a particular growth initiative, or temporarily fill a vacant leadership role.
What is a fractional CMO?
A Fractional CMO is a highly-experienced Chief Marketing Officer, generally with 20+ years of solid, diverse experience, who joins a company’s leadership team and takes responsibility for the growth trajectory of a business on a part-time basis. The fCMO is paired with a team of digital marketing experts with a strong project manager to ensure smooth and efficient execution. This arrangement gives you access to the talent your business needs without the high cost of a full-time senior-level employee. Most engagements start for 6 months and continue for 18-24 months.
What does an outsourced CMO do?
An outsourced CMO generally joins the leadership team of a company and takes responsibility for the overall growth trajectory of the business on a part-time basis. This may include:
- Setting a long term growth vision for the business as a part of the senior management team.
- Developing a better understanding of the external market landscape the business operates within.
- Defining ideal prospects, including determining marketing mix (what products and services, and how they are delivered).
- Establishing a strategic marketing roadmap for the business (approx. timeline of 3 years) to execute the vision.
- Building a functional revenue model for the business, which articulates how revenue and profit will be measured to meet goals.
- Setting marketing budgets, priorities, metrics, and plans to deliver positive return on investment.
- Determining the martech “stack” of digital technology required, including websites, Automation, CRM, etc.
- Building the marketing organization on a day to day basis, including which resources to have in-house or outsourced, and managing them on a day-to-day basis.
- Establishing a better internal culture of customer centricity, embedding customer insights into the organization, and working cross functionally to succeed.
Why should you hire a fractional CMO?
You should consider hiring a Fractional CMO if:
- Marketing has been a part-time effort by you or your sales leaders.
- You are getting ready to invest in marketing.
- You need a fresh outlook and executive-level insights.
- You need proven successes.
- Your business doesn’t need or cannot afford a full-time CMO with subject matter experts for execution.
What is the cost for a Fractional CMO?
All &Marketing fCMOs must pass a rigorous vetting process, having 20+ years of experience with both big and small companies and experience holding in-house marketing leadership positions.
Our fractional marketing team, led by a Fractional CMO, provides you with highly experienced, executive-level leadership to develop a robust marketing strategy – plus, it will ensure effective execution. It can be your marketing team or supplement existing marketing...
Are you ready to accelerate your company’s growth to the next level? Do you need to increase awareness and inspire prospects to try your products or services? Do you need a highly experienced marketing leader to bring a fresh perspective? That is why we created...
An expert marketing team led by a highly experienced Fractional Chief Marketing Officer (fCMO) can be the right answer if you are not ready or don’t want to spend the money on a full team. This is ideal for start-ups ready to scale up and small to mid-sized businesses...
Our Fractional CMOs
Our fractional CMOs and teams are process-driven to enable you to scale up – ensuring you have the proper guardrails and strategic oversight to meet your long-term growth needs.