Fractional Marketing Director or CMO
As part of the &Marketing team, you have the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with cutting-edge clients while working in a flexible and innovative environment. We are constantly striving to exceed expectations for both our clients and our employees.
At &Marketing we believe:
- Work should be fulfilling and exciting — not mundane or boring.
- Opportunities to grow, contribute, and develop should be available to everyone, always.
- You should be able to have both a satisfying work life and home life.
This is a full or part-time marketing position with a focus on a broad marketing and leadership skill set, including marketing strategy and execution, client relationships, and general problem-solving. This is an ideal position for a self-motivated individual with a background and passion for marketing strategy, who also enjoys working with a small team, learning about a wide selection of technologies, tools, and ideas, and helping clients grow their businesses.
At &Marketing, collaboration is critical in our culture. We will work together to help our clients succeed and give guidance along the way. You will work directly with our team in a virtual environment with a select group of &Marketing clients to strategize and plan marketing activities. This is a role that could start out with part-time hours but has plenty of room for growth as individual and company performance warrants.
- Leading senior level client relationships to deliver outsourced marketing services as their “fractional” marketing leader (Director, CMO, or VP), with full accountability for client satisfaction and meeting the client’s key metrics.
- Acting as a strategist who is a trusted adviser for clients who translates client business objectives into successful marketing programs and activities.
- Managing both client expectations and marketing execution appropriately and adjusting or prioritizing deliverables to meet demands while staying within scope or determining changes to scope as needed.
- Working with peers and junior level personnel to develop marketing strategy and complete marketing execution deliverables under his or her direction (digital marketing, research, project management, content development, social media, SEO / PPC advertising, PR, events, etc) – with full accountability for internal metrics and profitability.
- Review and approve deliverables to ensure clarity, quality, consistency to messaging, goal achievement, and ROI.
- Understand important metrics and know how to measure KPIs and ROI to determine best of use client resources and budget; make recommendations and decisions in the best interest of the client.
- Elevate specialists and domain experts (SEO, Copy, Paid Ads, email, etc) to add depth to client relationships.
- Staying current and sharing the evolving trends, human insights and emerging platforms in an effort to generate unique and creative ways to drive clients’ business objectives.
- Leading and growing &Marketing – including evolving the company’s strategic agenda, go to market approach, offerings, and positioning. This includes existing and new client acquisitions, and improving the organization’s culture and internal work processes.
- 15+ years of traditional and digital marketing experience, including significant experience and credibility in the area of strategy, account management, or business development experience is a plus.
- A strategist who can act as trusted adviser for clients and translate client business objectives into successful marketing programs.
- Some entrepreneurial, startup, or mid size company experience.
- Self-Starter – able to work independently with a remote team, but travel occasionally on an as needed basis.
- “Roll up your sleeves” attitude, inquisitive by nature and data-driven.
- Coach / teacher DNA
- Consistent and excellent track record of being a good co-worker.
- Low tolerance for bureaucracy, and a bias for speed while creating quality, best-in-class deliverables.
- Holds self and others accountable for achieving client success.
- Consulting, marketing agency, venture capital, or private equity experience are a plus.
- &Marketing is a remote-first company however anyone in the Greater Philadelphia or Central Indiana areas will have the added benefit of some in-person work with other local colleagues.
&Marketing provides the robust outsourced marketing department growing companies need without the high overhead costs or hassle of big agencies or full-time employees. Our variable model empowers businesses to reach their growth goals through access to the guidance and expertise of senior level strategists and a flexible execution team.