Director of Creative and Web
This individual will lead &Marketing’s creative efforts, with a specific focus on leading website projects. Successful website projects require the simultaneous coordination of creative, copy, and development for a highly visible and business critical client investment. The creative aspect of this role will also lead our creative department (including managing one existing graphic designer) beyond websites to develop client logos and brand identities, brand guidelines, collateral, social media, and other B2B and B2C ‘creative’ deliverables.
The successful candidate will also have an aptitude for marketing strategy, advertising, digital marketing, and possess client relationship skills.
This is an ideal position for a self-motivated individual who has a passion for working with a small team and helping our clients grow their business. Collaboration and communication are critical in our culture. We will work together to help our clients succeed and give guidance along the way. You will work directly with our team in a virtual environment with &Marketing clients to create and execute projects. Depending on individual circumstances, this role may be Full Time (with benefits), but can also be part time or contractor if desired. This arrangement could change as individual and company circumstances dictate.
- Self starter in a virtual environment, with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with team and clients via technology (conference calls, video calls, etc) as necessary
- Proven track record of leading multiple creative and website projects; a combined 10-15 years experience in graphic design and website related projects and has examples, a portfolio, and references to share
- Proactive approach to developing and implementing creative solutions to client problems; combining positioning and messaging with thoughtful and impactful visual appearance to deliver a strong brand identity
- Ability to manage scope and project timelines, keeping projects on time and on budget while ensuring the client’s needs are met with high levels of satisfaction
- As leader of website projects, this individual does not need to be a website developer but should know enough to collaborate with developers and troubleshoot website development issues
- As creative director, this individual should be experienced with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and other creative tools such as Canva, Gravit Designer, Scribus, and Autodesk SketchBook
- Roll up your sleeves attitude:
- Works independently and collaboratively on a virtual team
- Uses active listening and asks questions in order to build understanding of client needs
- Collaborates to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a fast-paced environment
- Strong eye for quality and attention to detail – a mix of right-and-left brain attributes:
- Creative, outside the box thinker who can bring client visions to life
- Analytical and business mindset; outstanding project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Working understanding of the StoryBrand framework, hero’s journey, or similar storytelling frameworks
- Ability to work and adapt to growing multiple software applications:
- Basic executive skills: email, scheduling, time keeping, etc
- G Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, Asana, and Slack
- This role is intended to be flexible/remote; however, if the employee is located in the Philadelphia or Indianapolis markets, some in-person activity may occur (and would be considered a plus)
- Work directly with &Marketing clients, members of the &Marketing team, and others to execute creative and website projects – understand client needs, brainstorm solutions, coordinate pieces, and successfully execute deliverables – on time and within budget
- Collaborate with our team to create better processes and ways of working to improve creative and website deliverables, client satisfaction, and drive &Marketing results
- Understand client’s brand personality, unique story, core message and target audience – and use this to develop breakthrough creative and web solutions
- Lead and direct the design and production of visual and audio materials used for advertising and web communications
- Establish, implement, maintain, and adhere to standards for design and processes for the purpose of producing consistent and high quality results
- Develop and present outlines, templates, draft, and final deliverables to clients
- Receive constructive feedback and modify deliverables until client is satisfied
- Bring unconsidered ideas and solutions to the team on what might be missing to help grow client businesses
- Keep thorough, accurate records and organize information regarding projects
&Marketing (www.and-marketing.com) provides the robust outsourced marketing department growing companies need without the high overhead costs of big agencies or full-time employees. Our variable model empowers businesses to reach their growth goals through access to the guidance and expertise of senior level strategists and a flexible execution team.