Fractional Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
As part of the &Marketing team, you have the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with cutting-edge clients while working in a flexible and innovative environment. We are constantly striving to exceed expectations for both our clients and our employees.
At &Marketing we believe:
- Work should be fulfilling and exciting — not mundane or boring.
- Opportunities to grow, contribute, and develop should be available to everyone, always.
- You should be able to have both a satisfying work life and home life.
This is a part-time or full-time, senior marketing position with a focus on providing superior marketing strategy and leadership to our staff and clients.
The qualified candidate will have strong skills in developing marketing strategy and execution plans, be able to develop staff, provide superior client relations, communicate creatively, and be a critical thinker. This is an ideal position for a self-motivated individual with a background and passion for marketing strategy, who also enjoys working with a small team, learning about a wide selection of technologies, tools, and ideas, and helping clients grow their businesses.
At &Marketing, collaboration is critical in our culture. We work together to help our clients succeed and share our expertise along the way. You will work directly with our team in a virtual environment with a select group of &Marketing clients to strategize and plan marketing activities.
- Lead senior level client relationships to deliver outsourced marketing services as their fractional marketing leader (Director or CMO), with full accountability for client satisfaction and achieving their key metrics.
- Work with a team of peers and junior level personnel to complete marketing execution deliverables under your direction (digital marketing, research, project management, content development, social media, SEO, Digital advertising, PR, events, etc) – with accountability for internal metrics and profitability.
- Supervision of staff, both direct and indirect oversight of assignments, deliverables, and employee development.
- While most of our work is remote, some travel or client-facing meetings may be necessary.
- 15+ years of traditional or digital marketing experience, including significant experience developing and implementing marketing strategies, working with senior level decision makers, and leading teams. Business development experience is a plus.
- Significant experience both as a “service provider” (agency, consulting, or similar experience) and “in house” (brand, product, strategic, or other marketing experience inside a company).
- Entrepreneurial, startup, or SMB experience. Venture Capital and private equity experience a plus. Experience with EOS a plus (Entrepreneurial Operating System)
- Experience as a trusted adviser who can translate business objectives into successful marketing programs, provide unbiased and candid feedback, have difficult conversations under pressure, and diffuse conflicting viewpoints.
- A self-starter who is able to both work independently and lead a remote team.
- Track record of maintaining long standing working relationships, and a rolodex of professional references to reflect their reputation.
- Ability to instruct and mobilize internal teams to meet client needs while developing employees in the process.
As important as any qualification, we look for people who embody our core values:
- Focus on results – You care about your client’s performance, you are not just a task master who just likes checking the box. You love using data to make decisions.
- Curious – You naturally want to know more and use active listening to build understanding and knowledge. You care about the big picture and how your work impacts others. You ask great questions.
- Helpful – You are a great teammate, internally and externally. Your instinct is to help others where you see a need.
- Transparent – You don’t have hidden agendas or practice self preservation; you are confident enough to share bad news or missteps.
- Proactive – You do not wait and hope, you independently take actions that result in positive outcomes. You don’t bring up issues without possible solutions.
- Flexible – You value structure but are willing to pivot and change, and you know when it’s needed.
&Marketing provides the robust outsourced marketing department growing companies need without the high overhead costs or hassle of big agencies or full-time employees. Our variable model empowers businesses to reach their growth goals through access to the guidance and expertise of senior level strategists and a flexible execution team.