Business Development Manager
This is a part or full-time position with a focus on business development for a growing outsourced marketing business. This is an ideal position for a self-motivated, goal oriented, and customer centric individual who also has a passion for business growth while working with a small team using a wide selection of technologies, tools, and ideas. This professional must have a proven record of success in expanding company sales and exceeding goals.
Most of all, as a small team, collaboration is a major focus for our culture. We will work together to succeed and give guidance along the way. You will work directly with our team in a virtual environment with a select group of &Marketing team members to grow the business.
- Business Development professional with 5+ years of experience selling digital marketing services
- Experience in entrepreneurial, startup, or small to midsize companies is preferred
- Consulting, marketing agency, VC, or PE experience is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 100% remote work with a geographic preference in Indianapolis or Philadelphia
- Experience with a proven business development methodology (Sandler, Challenger, etc.)
- Large rolodex with a strong professional reputation
- Demonstrated ability to create opportunities, nurture long term relationships, and close new business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Embrace and enhance the fast-paced, innovative, engaging, transparent and fun culture of &Marketing
- Preference will be given to those who will work part-time or on a contract basis, however, the eventual goal is to develop this into a full-time opportunity
- Compensation will commensurate with experience level and will be a combination of a base salary and incentive predicated on goal achievement. Candidates should indicate compensation expected.
- Drive new business
- Identify opportunities for &Marketing as the ‘outsourced marketing department’ of choice for business growth
- Nurture existing leads
- Close new opportunities
- Communicate clearly with prospects and the internal execution team; create and deliver detailed and organized information (such as SOWs) for successful project execution, including terms, accuracy, feasibility, and deliverability
- Conduct sales negotiations with customers to achieve a profitable bargain
- Build sustainable referrals and client relationships
- Analyze customer needs to identify new business development opportunities
- Keep thorough, accurate records and report progress through electronic systems (CRM)
- Help establish personal business objectives and goals; develop and implement action plans; be accountable for goal achievement
&Marketing provides the robust outsourced marketing department growing companies need without the high overhead costs of big agencies or full-time employees. Our variable model empowers businesses to reach their growth goals through access to the guidance and expertise of senior level strategists and a flexible execution team.