Business Development Manager/Director
As part of the &Marketing team, you have the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with cutting-edge clients while working in a flexible and innovative environment. We are constantly striving to exceed expectations for both our clients and our employees.
At &Marketing we believe:
- Work should be fulfilling and exciting — not mundane or boring.
- Opportunities to grow, contribute, and develop should be available to everyone, always.
- You should be able to have both a satisfying work life and home life.
This role has been created to accelerate growth for our outsourced digital marketing business. It is an ideal position for a self-motivated, goal oriented, and customer centric individual who has a passion for driving results. This professional must be a strategic and critical thinker with a proven record of success in expanding company sales and exceeding business goals.
Most of all, as a small team, collaboration is a major focus for our culture and you will work directly with our team in a virtual environment. You will be responsible for ensuring a smooth hand-off from Sales to Service Delivery by clearly defining the engagement and setting up the execution teams up for success. You will be our “voice of the market” as we’re developing new offers. You will be our advocate in the marketplace for the value we provide our clients and the results we drive.
- Business Development professional with 7+ years of experience selling digital marketing services
- Experience in selling to medium sized and middle market companies ($1 MM – $100MM+ in revenue) is essential.
- Marketing agency, consulting, or professional services experience is a plus
- Exposure to or experience with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) is a plus.
- Account management experience is a plus.
- An established network of senior level decision makers at SMBs and middle market companies is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Experience with a proven business development methodology (Sandler, Challenger, etc.)
- Has a large and diverse network with a strong professional reputation.
- Demonstrated ability to create opportunities, nurture long term relationships, and close new business.
- Demonstrated strong leadership qualities with low tolerance for bureaucracy and a bias for speed.
- Proficiency in and Google Docs (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for pricing and financial management (measuring profitability, understanding cost drivers, etc)
- Ability to embrace change and enhance a fast-paced, innovative, and transparent culture.
- Drive profitable business growth. Seek out new leads. Nurture existing leads. Close opportunities.
- Create, manage, and grow a sales pipeline – including finding, qualifying, and closing new business.
- Fully understand &Marketing’s target group and services provided.
- Identify opportunities through working with our internal lead generation team, attending appropriate networking events, building your reputation as a thought leader, and leveraging your own network.
- Analyze and understand prospect needs to align specific services that &Marketing can provide.
- Communicate proactively and clearly with prospects. Create and deliver information for successful project execution, including terms, accuracy, feasibility, and deliverability.
- Develop effective presentations and proposals for potential clients.
- Keep thorough, accurate records and report progress through electronic systems (CRM).
- Conduct sales negotiations with customers and prospects. Ability to communicate the value of our services effectively while achieving consensus on contract terms.
- Build sustainable referrals and client relationships.
- Help establish personal business objectives and goals; develop and implement action plans; be accountable for goal achievement.
- Bring unconsidered ideas and solutions to the team on what might be missing to help grow our business and that of our clients.
- This position is 100% remote. Some opportunity for in person collaboration if you are in the Philadelphia or Indianapolis area.
- Working on a part-time basis is possible for the right person; longer term this would be a full-time role.
- Compensation will commensurate with experience level and will be a combination of a base salary and incentive predicated on goal achievement.
As important as any qualification, we look for people who embody our core values:
- Focus on results – You care about your client’s performance, you are not just a task master who just likes checking the box. You love using data to make decisions.
- Curious – You naturally want to know more and use active listening to build understanding and knowledge. You care about the big picture and how your work impacts others. You ask great questions.
- Helpful – You are a great teammate, internally and externally. Your instinct is to help others where you see a need.
- Transparent – You don’t have hidden agendas or practice self preservation; you are confident enough to share bad news or missteps.
- Proactive – You do not wait and hope, you independently take actions that result in positive outcomes. You don’t bring up issues without possible solutions.
- Flexible – You value structure but are willing to pivot and change, and you know when it’s needed.
&Marketing provides the robust outsourced marketing department growing companies need without the high overhead costs of big agencies or full-time employees. Our variable model empowers businesses to reach their growth goals through access to the guidance and expertise of senior level strategists and a flexible execution team.